At the first step we advise you to rename your current theme folder to something like: …/wp-content/themes/dt-THEME_NAME-old/. It will help you to save custom changes of the template.
At the next stage you need to install the theme in the usual way.
- Select “Static CSS” option in Theme Options >> Misc (for Nimble, PressMate and PurePress themes).
- Install cache plugin.
- If possible, decrease size of your images.
- Deactivate needless plugins.
- Decrease number of items (portfolios, albums, catalogs, photos) per page.
Remember you can choose which one of them will be set as the Homepage one by following: Dashboard >> Settings >> Reading >> Front page displays >> A static page (select below) >> Front page
- open “functions PHP”
- navigate to line 765
- change the “dt_validate_gravatar( $comment->comment_author_email )” to “1 || dt_validate_gravatar( $comment->comment_author_email )”
Note 2 things:
- It’s huge, so we cannot guarantee you’ll be able to install it.
- Images on demo are copyrighted and you cannot use them without purchasing proper licenses.
So in order to update theme, you need to:
- backup your current theme folder;
- rename/delete older version of theme;
- install newest version of theme.
- make sure you have the most recent theme version: http://support.dream-theme.com/knowledgebase/update-theme/;
- follow Theme Options >> General >> Title >> Breadcrumbs.
Didn’t find the answer?
- "I wish someone told me how fast my wedding day would flash by! Months of preparation and planning, years of saving, all flew away in a shower of confetti! Afterwards, my bouquet had wilted, my dress put away, everything returned to normal..then we got our photos back! Our day had come back to us, and we got to enjoy every magical moment and detail that we'd worked so hard to infuse into our wedding. Thank you Angela, you've not just given us photographs, but heirlooms that we will cherish always!" - Monika & Mike
- "We honestly cannot thank you enough for all you did for us on our wedding day! It was amazing having someone so talented and passionate there to capture every moment. We couldn't be happier with the photos if we tried! And it was so nice to have someone so lovely with us on the day, it was just like spending time with a friend. Thank you!!" -Brooke & James